Parley’s Diesel Performance has great news for all you TDI owners and TDI Performance connoisseurs out there! Van Aaken Technologies has just the product that you have been looking for. If you drive one of the many 1.9L Volkswagen diesels in the U.S. there is no question that you have been in need of a little extra power; sure the economy is great but why not have a little extra power while you are at it right. Van Aaken was kind enough to hook us up with one of their Smartbox TDI performance chips so that we could put it on our project vehicle to test it out. Here is what we think:
Why The Van Aaken Smartbox?
- 10 Minute Install- We have seen some easy installs, but wow, this one is a cinch. Since we made the install video for this tdi performance module we have had customers with no previous mechanic/performance experience reporting that they were able to install their smartbox in 6 minutes. You cant beat 20+hp in 6 minutes.
- Economy Gains- So if 40-50 MPG wasn’t enough for you how about 1-2 MPG More. In our performance tests with the Van Aaken Smartbox on the rare tank when we could keep our foot off the throttle we were able to see an increase or 1-2 MPG which some might say isn’t huge but when you have a much more enjoyable driving experience the increased diesel fuel mileage is sort of icing on the cake.
- Quality Product- We were very impressed with the overall quality of the product. The hard resin case of the smartbox is completely weatherproof and very durable.
- Does NOT Void Warranty- If your vehicle is still under factory warranty all you have to do is take the Van Aaken Smartbox off before going to the dealership and they wont be able to tell that it was ever there, it leaves no footprint or flags in your system to show it was ever there.
Why Not the Van Aaken Smartbox:
- Who Knows?- It was hard for us to figure out a reason why you wouldn’t want this tdi performance chip. The main reason we could come up with is if you are one of the more “Extreme” TDI Performance Enthusiast then you might be more interested in a more customizable performance upgrade like chipping which requires removing your vehicles ECM and sending it into a shop and getting it back a couple of weeks later and will most likely void your warranty. For some people those things sound like more fun than a 10 Minute Install, but for most of our clients this is the exact product they are looking for.
Tags: Diesel Performance, Diesel Performance Chip, diesel performance chips, diesel performance programmer, Diesel Power, Diesel Tuner, increase diesel fuel economy, TDI Performance, Van Aaken, vw diesel performance, vw tdi performance