So I finally convinced the buying department that is was time to start carrying the Smarty Tuner by MADS Electronics. Now don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t pushing the buying department to buy in because I have a lot of experience with the Smarty Tuner; I just know what it is capable of and as soon as I finish my tranny buildup, I know it’s the diesel tuner that I will want running on my Cummins.
The Smarty comes with 10 settings which offer huge power gains–up to 230hp! In my opnion the Smarty Tuner is the closest thing to EFI Live for the Cummins (that is until the Van Aaken C5 software is released!) Here are the main selling points for the Smarty:
- DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) reader with on-screen plain text
interpretation of the codes.
- ABS programming for tire height adjustment.
- Upgrades through built in USB connector
- Automatic recovery of the ECM in case of an interrupted update.
- 3.5 – 6 minutes required to update ECM depending on truck model
- Programmable speed limiter